A castle that has always been inhabited
A regional treasure listed in the French National Heritage
The Castle has been registered several times on the supplementary inventory of French listed Heritage known as Monnuments Historiques.
- As from June 15, 1954: the Facades and roofs and two rooms dating back to the eighteenth century, the dining room and the Grand salon featuring remarkable woodworks ;
- As from November 8, 1995: the entire property, the park and the gardens ;
- As from Mai 15, 1996: the annex buildings (the gardener’s lodge, the tenant farmhouse).
A private heritage regularly restored and shown to its best advantage
Successive restorations reflect each owner’s ongoing commitment to keeping this regional heritage site open to the public so that it may remain place for sharing common historical culture as well as meeting place accessible to all and particularly to the region’s inhabitants.
This strong commitment has not been neglected by the current owner who is keen for the Montmirail Castle to become living heritage ever more anchored in the region.
Among the numerous renovations that have taken place over the past few years, the most representative are:
- the arms rooms and the dungeons, renovated 20 years ago ;
- the Princess of Conti’s large drawing room, cleaned in the 70’s ;
- Embellishment and fitting-out works carried out in 2016 to offer visitors an optimised welcome and diversify activities in view of opening to larger public as well as to local players.
A site offering multiple opportunities for its guests
The castle of Montmirail offers many opportunities to discover the surrounding areas for the visitors, lovers of charming accommodations, families looking for an exceptional place for their reception or companies for their internal events or customers:
- guided tours and tea house,
- weddings and family receptions,
- charming accommodation in its guest rooms,
- seminars, conferences, executive committee, team-building…
The Castle of Montmirail also organizes many cultural or gastronomic events throughout the year: candlelight guided tours, “Montmirail Musical” concerts in the music room of the Princess of Conti, tastings, picnic concerts in the park in summer… go to our event page or follow us on Facebook.